Wreath project

Making a wreath for our front door has been on my “to do” list for a couple of months. As I looked to Pinterest for some inspiration I realized that while I really like the look of yarn wreaths, something a little more rustic is more my style.

The wreath and the letter "L" were from Michaels.

I made the fabric rosettes from left-over fabric my mom was getting rid of.

Using a hot-glue gun, I stuck the flowers and letter to the wreath.

Final product!

I really love how it turned out. I love having a wreath on my door and am glad to have something a little different from the more traditional-looking wreaths.

I learned how to do the fabric rosettes from this website. I didn’t follow the directions exactly but it’s really easy to to mold the fabric into a flower that you like as long as you’re not afraid to use a lot of glue! If you look close enough, you’ll see that I used one of my first black, felt flowers. I learned how to do those flowers from this website. It’s fun to experiment with this felt flower tutorial; the flower will take a completely different shape and look depending on how you cut the felt “petals.”

Advertisements

One thought on “Wreath project

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s